Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Roasted rosemary potatoes and garlicky grean beans

Alas, I still don't eat, but my hubby does. We still had beans sitting in our vegetables basket, and so I thought of surprising him with something tasty, garlicky, tangy, rosemary-y. And when I saw the green beans and the yellow potatoes sitting in the dish I threw in some ripe, juicy, sweet tomatoes, just for the color. And sure enough they turned out lovely.

Peel and quarter potatoes, remove strings and ends of beans. Toss with fruity olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with your best sea salt and some freshly ground white pepper. Sprinkle some fresh (or dried) rosemary over the potatoes, and some chopped garlic over the beans. Arrange with the tomatoes in a dish. Roast, stirring occasionally. Roast until the beans are nice and tender and the potatoes have this delicious roasted crunch. Perfect the beans with a nice squeeze of lime juice and some chopped hazelnuts.

The best part of it? No pots to clean :-)

Fat-free depends on the use of fat-free ingredients.
Gluten-free depends on the use of gluten-free ingredients.

2 comments:

Vegan_Noodle said...

So sorry you still aren't feeling well!! How sweet of you though to make such a healthy, yummy dinner for your husband. Hazelnuts on green beans sounds would be a great combination!

Anke said...

yeah, seems like it was a more serious bug. the good thing about two weeks of diarrhea weeks is - you shed some extra pounds :-)

I was drooling over his meal, though... once I can eat again, this is the first thing I'll make :-)